Saturday, May 14, 2011

Samuel is 4 Years Old!

♪♫ All Aboard, right on time, Samuel took a ride on the Dinosaur train!  ♪♫














Samuel turned 4 years old!  He wanted his birthday theme to be his favorite song; The Dinosaur Swing,  and his favorite show;  The Dinosaur Train.  Festivities began with decorating the kitchen nook to look a little like the Dinosaur Train (it's a PBS preschool TV show).  The balloons are suppose to be dinos looking out the windows. I repeated the dinosaur song on the CD player all day.  I think I have the rap memorized now, "Raptile, what is is to me.  I've had enough, they're history!"  After school  I took the boys and a friend to ride an antique carrousel and a train that drives around the mall.  It was Awana night, so Samuel brought dino cupcakes to share with his Cubbie friends.   Later we had a volcano cake- complete with dry ice "smoke" and a dinosaur train.  Samuel requested a "giant meatball"  with Penne and Alfredo for birthday dinner, so Thursday I cooked a 21/2 pounder to fit the bill. Saturday we ate dinner at Red Robin (love that place- kids always eat free) and Samuel got the whole birthday treatment.   Birthday activities  continued on Sunday.   We headed to Champion park where the boys dug up dino bones and created a river system in the giant sand pit..

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Sheri, you are so creative. Wow, 4 years old! Happy late birthday, Samuel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Sheri!! Haven is getting ready to have a dino party next weekend too!! And I was trying to come up with a volcano cake! Great minds! :o) Happy birthday Samuel!

    ReplyDelete