Monday, August 17, 2009

End of the Summer Adventure

Saturday, Owen and Caleb had an epic end of the summer adventure. They started the day with a cave tour at Longhorn Cavern then went Kayaking and cliff diving at Inks lake. They stayed up late for a star party at Canyon of the Eagles Observatory. Caleb was able to see the Milky Way for the first time. I think there may have been some ice cream eating somewhere along the way as well. Yesterday we all kayaked at Inks Lake. All four of us in the same kayak! We were able to boat right up to Great Blue Herons, Egrets, Turtles, and ducks. Owen defeated his fear of heights for good when he jumped off of the top of a cliff. Caleb and I stuck with a lower cliff that was just extreme enough for a six year old (and a not so extreme mommy). Samuel floated around in a life jacket on his back. I would let go of him and he would grin from ear to ear. We were never brave enough to put Caleb in a Kayak at 2 years old. I was so proud of Samuel. He sat so still and just looked around with wonder. Maybe next time Caleb and I will tackle the high cliff jump and I will release my grip on Samuel long enough for him to paddle around on his own.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun way to end the summer! I guess the mommy of 2 boys and an adventurer hubby has to be brave!

    ReplyDelete